Monday, July 22, 2013

An Alkaline Diet - A Prescription for How to Die Old and Live Healthy


I recently have been undergoing somewhat of a health challenge. I have psoriatic arthritis, an autoimmune disorder. And I'm 11 weeks pregnant. A few days before I found out that I was pregnant, I got a severe case of the 24-hour flu. My husband said, "Maybe you're pregnant." I responded by shaking my head as I hugged the porcelain.

After the flu started to subside, I noticed two major differences. One, I was still queasy but only at night. And, two, my arthritis pain was 95% gone. As the queasiness continued, the arthritis pain slowly returned. I took a pregnancy test and found out that I was pregnant. The more mystifying aspect was why did my arthritis leave and why did it return?

After much experiment and food allergy testing, I've concluded that it was very much food related. But not a food allergy, per se as I had first concluded. I was too acidic. I needed to get my pH balance alkaline, up to 7.35 - which happens when you're violently ill with the flu.

How do I do this? Make sure that 70% of the foods I consume are alkaline and only 30% either acidic or pH neutral. Did it work? I can't tell you yet. I'm starting to feel much better but I won't know for a week or so. Eating an alkaline diet is said to keep you from becoming sick. No more colds, no more flu and no more arthritis and cancer. I have been battling this health challenge for about 2 翻 years now and it has progressively gotten worse. I had it about seven years before that and I was able to make it go way in 2 weeks with a few ancient herbs. The herbs didn't work this time. I'm almost certain an alkaline diet will. I'll keep you posted.

So what foods are acidic and which ones are alkaline? Here is a partial list of extremely acidic foods:

Coffee
Beer
Sweetened fruit juice
Liquor
Black Tea
Beef
Pork
Sardines
Canned tuna
Veal
Artificial sweeteners
Pickled vegetables

And here is a partial list of very alkaline foods:

Most green vegetables
Stevia
Summer black radish
Soy nuts
Soy lecithin
Avocados

Most of us feel that life is not about how long we live but about the quality of our lives. Ideally we have both longevity and vibrant health. This may be the way to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment